Wednesday 2 July 2014

Monthly Favourites | June 2014

This month has been quite expensive for me, I've bought so much that I'm planning on doing a 'no buy July' in order to save a bit of money. A lot of the things I have been loving this month have been outside of make-up and beauty, but I was still loving a few new products in June.


Fluffy Blending Brush (I can't find the set I bought, but this one has the same brush)

This has to be mentioned first as I haven't gone a day without using it since I got it in the post about 6 weeks ago. For the price I really don't think you can beat this brush, it is perfect for blending out eye shadow and is fantastic quality. I haven't yet found this on sale on it's own, but if you buy it in the set linked above it works out at only £1.46! The brand on mine is Jessup, so if you can find it I really would recommend picking it up.


I've been on the hunt for the perfect eyebrow pencil for, what feels like, forever. So when I saw this on special offer in Superdrug a few weeks back for less than £2 I had to give it a go. I'm so glad I did, it's simply perfection! Not too waxy, not too hard, not too ash, not too warm. It has a coloured pencil one end and a wax pencil the other and a brush too, so this is the only eyebrow product you need. I started using this when my hair was lighter than it is now so I would use it sparingly, but now I am quite a bit darker I find it almost impossible to be too heavy handed with it. This really is the thing I've been waiting to find.


Having really watery eyes is a nightmare when you're looking for a product that will sit in your waterline without emigrating to your cheek an hour later. I feel like I really hit the jackpot with this one. It's such a deep rich black that one swipe is all you need and it lasts for a good few hours in my waterline. It's super creamy too so is easily smudged out when you're looking for a smokier effect.


Over the last couple of months I've been really craving all scents citrus, I just can't get enough of them. Maybe it's because the weather is warming up so I'm looking for something a bit fresher but so many of my shower products now contain lemon or lime. This body wash just smells amazing, it's very sweet (as the name would suggest) but also really citrussy. It leaves my skin feeling soft and I don't even need body lotion most of the time, though I usually apply it anyway. This is definitely one of my best finds this month.

B. Clean Melting Gel Cleanser - £3.49 (was £6.99)

This is the first time I've tried a product like this and I love it. It comes out of the tube like a gel, then when you rub it into your face it turns into an oil but once it comes into contact with water to wash it off it turns into a milky lotion. It's the strangest thing, but something I have been using almost daily. I massage it into my skin at night, over my make-up then use a hot flannel to wash it off. It takes off every little scrap of make-up, even my waterproof mascara and eye liner.



this is the photo I posted on Instagram the day it arrived


I decorated my bedroom 2 years ago and rather than buy a dressing table I decided to opt for a chaise longue instead. As much as I still love the one I went for, over time I changed my mind and should have got the dressing table to match the rest of my bedroom furniture instead. As my bedroom furniture is now discontinued, I have been looking for the perfect one for about 8 months, so when I saw this one from Island Furniture Co I knew I had to have it.

It's got 9 drawers, plenty of storage for the amount of beauty products I own, and a mirror fixed to it. It's made of solid wood so is incredibly strong and should last a lifetime. I'm so glad I found the perfect one as it's changed the way I do my make-up now. My back used to hurt sitting on the edge of my bed to do it, but now I'm sat in a good chair with everything at the perfect height it's so much better. Now the hunt is on for the perfect chair to go with it, until then I'm using one from the dining room. I had it delivered at the end of May but hadn't used it enough to put in last months favourites.

New Laptop - £349 (was £379)




The laptop I was using at the start of the month is about 8 years old and I've never had any problems with it, so when it started dying on me it came as a bit of a shock. Only a few weeks after I started having problems it went completely so I had to go on the hunt for a new one. The Toshiba Satellite is a great fit for me, it has Windows 8 which is totally unfamiliar but pretty easy to use once you're used to it and has a huge 1TB of memory. I'm loving using it so far and is obviously the most expensive (but best) buy this month.

Beauty Sales

I have been really lucky this month and have bought quite a lot of make-up in different sales.

From Miss Makeup Magpie's blog sale I picked up 2 nail polishes, a blush and a lip crayon.

From Amazon I got 2 Barry M lip crayons for only £2.50 each (half price) and a Gelly Nail Paint for £2.99, but I notice that it's back to its usual £3.99 now.

From ELF I bought loads and will do a haul post in the next few days. They had 50% off their entire site so I just had to pick some things up at those low prices.

Models Own is currently running an offer of 6 items for £20, so I bought 6 polishes I have had my eye on for a while. The offer ends midnight Thursday 3rd July, so grab some bargains while you can. I also saw that the Express Dry was half price at £2.50 so I picked that up too. I use Seche Vite to quickly dry my shiny polishes, but needed something to quickly dry the matte ones I have, I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Music

I am still obsessing over the music I mentioned in last months favourites, with both artists being on repeat all month, but I have added someone else to the mix.

Chandelier is the first song I have heard from Australian artist Sia and I haven't been able to get it out of my head all month. The music video features Maddie of Dance Moms fame, and I love it. Check it out below, or if you're reading this on your mobile click here.



I have been waiting for the second season of OITNB for almost a year, and it didn't disappoint. If you're unfamiliar with the show it's a Netflix original based on the book of the same name. It's about a true story of an upper class New York woman who goes to prison after being found guilty of a crime she committed 10 years earlier. It's a comedy drama with flash backs, nudity, lesbian sex and pretty much everything else you can think of. It is by far my favourite show at the moment, my only complaint is that it's so good I watched the whole season in 1 weekend. Roll on next summer when season 3 is released! If you have Netflix I really would recommend watching it, if you don't I'm sure there are ways you can watch it online. Below is the trailer for season 2, if you're reading this on a mobile you can see it here.




What have you been loving in June? If you have any TV shows you think I should be watching (apart from Game of Thrones) please do let me know, I'm looking for new ones to get into.

Share:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Vegan Taff | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig