Friday 9 May 2014

Dry, Cracked Elbows? I Have The Cure!

All of my life I have suffered with very dry elbows, in winter they get so bad they can crack and bleed! I know, gross. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but for some reason it's not a problem that is spoken about a lot. I have tried prescribed cream from my GP as well as numerous moisturisers, lotions and potions, but only recently decided to try something a bit different.

I was scrolling through the Boots website a couple of months back, when they had one of their 3 for 2 offers on, and came across Soap and Glory. I had never tried anything from the brand before, probably because I do the majority of my shopping online and tend to stick to what I know. After a quick Google search to find out what products are vegan (and that's a lot of them) I put in an order.


A few days later I couldn't wait to rip open the box and take out my goodies. One of the new things I wanted to try was their Heel Genius, as the name suggests this is a foot cream. However, I didn't buy it for my feet. I figured if it's designed to soften your feet, it has to be pretty heavy duty and therefore may just work on the elbow issue.

I had my shower that evening and applied a dollop (about the size of half a walnut) to each elbow and massaged it in. It sank in really quickly which surprised me, the foot creams I have used in the past would sit on the skin for a while before slowly absorbing, none of that malarkey with this. It feels cool as it's being applied, something I rather enjoyed. Once absorbed it feels a bit silicone-y, I assume that's the glycerine which is listed second in the ingredients. It feels like a very thick version of their Hand Food, but sadly doesn't smell like it. I don't have an issue with the smell, it's very fresh and minty, but you can tell it's a foot cream.


For the last two months I have been using this every evening and my elbows are in better condition than they have been for years. I honestly can't believe the difference! I don't have anymore snagging when I get dressed and they don't hurt at all, this is honestly a bit of a wonder cream. I am about to run out but have already got another one on standby so I don't have to go without it. It's rare that I find something I would call Holy Grail, but this is it for me. Put it on your elbows, your feet, anywhere feeling a bit dry and you'll feel the difference, I guarantee it (well, not really but almost).

Heel Genius is available from Boots stores nation wide, or online for £5.50.

Share:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Vegan Taff | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig